Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trail Ride up Tibble Fork Canyon

All summer long my neighbor (well, my parent's neighbor) and I have been planning a ride with our horses up the canyon but never went. So at the end of August we made ourselves set aside a date hoping that this would make it actually happen. Well, it worked. We finally went. We woke up super early Saturday morning (6:00 is super early for me) and we hit the trail. We had some others join us as well which just made it more enjoyable. We actually ended up with a rather large group. It included myself; my parent's neighbor, Elizabeth; Mailani's owner, Joel; Joel's friend; and his friend's son and grandkids. Sorry, that's a lot of relations to try and figure out. Just know that we had quite a large group. :)

We went to Tibble Fork Canyon and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! The weather was perfect (breezy and cool) and the scenery was breathtaking (not a house or building in sight). It was also one of the best rides that I have had with Mailani. I thought it was going to be a rough one because at the barn she wouldn't let me near her to put the halter on and once it was on she wouldn't budge. It ended up being because Joel had just showed up at the barn. I thought I was going to have to fight her the whole ride because Joel was coming with us but it ended up making it better for her. She was more obedient once we got going and didn't seem to be as bothered by me.

Starting out on the trail


I think this is Tibble Fork Reservoir but I'm not sure.
I just really liked the mountains in the background.


Here are some more pictures of my favorite thing about Utah... the Mountains!!!


We went until we hit the top of the mountain
and then we took a rest :)


This is one of my favorite horses ever: BJ!!!


This is Elizabeth on Buddy :)


and here is Mailani and Me :)

2 comments:

Coxes Child Care said...

It looks like a perfect day for a ride. A good thing to fit in before you have to hit the books again!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for giving me a view of the beautiful mountains in the summer time! Glad you got to go.

Background