Friday, February 5, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours

It has always frustrated me that life doesn't come at you in little trickles. It is either sunny and bright or it is a hurricane. Never in between. I have been enjoying sunshine for so long that I forgot what it was like to have a storm comin' through. But the storm came and there is more up ahead. What do I mean by this? In the past two weeks I have had a best friend get married, my best friend/sister move across the country, my best friend/roommate receive her mission call to leave in May, her departure date being moved up to March 10th, the stresses of trying to find a new roommate (I shouldn't be, but I'm picky), and I found out it will probably take an extra, unexpected semester in order to graduate. On top of that, my parents are getting upset with me for taking out student loans to pay for school. I know it doesn't sound like a big load to carry, and it probably isn't compared to everyone else's, but after life being so easy the last little while I'm not mentally/emotionally prepared for all this. Especially in such a short time period. Most of all, I think the last little while has just made me realize that it is time for me to be independent and face this world on my own. It is something that I have tried to avoid at all costs.
I'm going to look on the bright side though. So here goes: My best friend married her high school sweetheart who we are all good friends with so I will still get to do stuff with her a lot. I still get to communicate with my sister over the phone and through webcam so it isn't like she's been thrown off the face of the earth. Also, she is coming out in May for my brother's wedding! My roommate, Steff, has been planning on this mission since before I can remember so I am way excited for her. Also, her initial departure date was the same week as my brother's wedding and my other brother moving to Arizona. So now I only have to say goodbye to two people that week instead of three! As far as the extra semester of school, I'm still looking for the silver lining on that one, but hopefully it will come.

P.S. for those that didn't hear, Steff is serving in the Nauvoo, Illinois, sign language speaking mission!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Teresa I miss you! Tomorrow I have free minutes due to the weekend. Let's talk, I heard a bit from Heather about the other night. I wanted to call you to do something so bad. Joseph left me to go watch a movie with some army guys. (And it wasn't a good movie either. Double negative points to him.)

mattu00 said...

Cool! My cousin, Jessica Barry, is in the Nauvoo Illinois Sign Language Mission! She's been out nine months now, so I'm sure they'll get to know each other very well!
Right now she's in Naches, Washington on her six-month outing, but she'll be back before Steph gets there so lets hope for a trainer! :)

Kendra said...

I totally feel you on all of those things! It is all a bit overwhelming at times! Don't worry, I am officially going to be blog stalking you! Also, one of my BFF's is currently serving in Nauvoo!! I am so jealous she is serving as ASL mission! Dream. But that is exciting!

Background