Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Perfect Purse

I hate purse shopping!!! It is so very frustrating for many reasons:

Reason #1: A girl's purse kinda defines who she is. They make a statement about who you are. There are just so many out different kinds out there. And you have to search everywhere to find the perfect purse that defines exactly who you are (Which requires some inner soul searching if you don't know who you are). Here are some examples found from this website. Just think about the different types of women that you would see wearing each one and you will know what I mean.


Reason #2: A purse goes with you everywhere. I mean everywhere! Therefore, it has to look okay with everything you wear. If you take a quick trip to the grocery store in your pajamas, it has to match. If you go to church all dressed up fancy, it has to match. If you go out with friends in jeans and a t-shirt, it has to match. Do you see why finding a purse is so difficult now?

I usually don't like to buy purses very often and I put it off as long as possible. A few weeks ago I realized that the dreaded time had come, and I needed a new purse again. My last one was small and trying to get my wallet in and out so many times had ripped it in a couple places. Also, since my wallet was so big, there was only enough room in my purse for my keys, phone, and wallet. Nothing else would really fit. I started the search a week ago and visited multiple different stores including Kohl's, Target, and a Boutique. I searched high and low and couldn't find anything. They were either too big, too small, too fancy, too plain, too many pockets, not enough pockets or the wrong color. Can you hear my frustration!?! When I was about ready to give up, my roommate, Steff, asked if she could come purse shopping with me and see if she could help me find one. I agreed and we set out one last time last night. We found one at a boutique that was acceptable but I wasn't really excited about it (I didn't really like the shape of it). So I got it in the hopes that I could return it because of a spectacular find somewhere else. We headed to Target real fast because I knew they had some pretty cheap ones. We found a couple that I liked but none that really made me optimistic. And then it happened. Steff came around the corner with a purse. Not just any purse, it was the purse. The more I looked at it, the more I fell in love with. It was just the right size, the color was perfect, it had just the right amount of pockets, and it was something I could dress up with or wear frumpies in. It was perfect and it was cheap! Alas, purse shopping is not impossible after all! Thank you Target for making my life a little easier :)

This is my new purse!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Reason #3: Once you get frustrated with trying to sort through purses that don't fit your criteria, you have a million purses to choose from again.

Rachel Kim said...

Tree this is why you should start a purse collection. I like to think of purses like an outfit. You can't wear the same one to go out and to play basketball.

btw My closet is getting a bit full. i'm giving some of my old purses away. not sure if you'd like them or not but I can drop them off if you'd like.

Background