So I feel the need to write something. It has been a while. Some awesome things have happened lately but I don't have pictures so I don't really feel like blogging about it. But I'm not going to get pictures so I guess I might as well go ahead and post something.
School has started and I really love it for the first time since high school! My classes are amazing! I'm taking Biology, Doctrine & Covenants, Children's Literature, and two ballet classes.
Biology is super easy cuz my professor doesn't use a textbook so all I have to do is go to his lectures and soak up everything he teaches. His lectures are really interesting too.
Doctrine and Covenants is amazing just because its scriptures. How can scriptures not be amazing?
My Children's Literature class is really interesting. My professor also teaches preschool and reminds me of my grandma; bubbly all the time. I am learning to love kid's books all over again. We even get the chance to write our own book during the semester.
My ballet classes are definitely my favorite. Sometimes I forget how much I love ballet when I'm not doing it everyday. It is the best feeling in the world (except for being in the mountains on . the back of a horse). I am even doing pointe again. It has been so long since I've done it so it is really easy for me to get discouraged cuz I can't make my body do what I want it to do or what it used to do when I was 14. But for not dancing for 6 years, I'd have to say I'm not all that bad. I wish there were someway that I could do this forever and do it for my major but I know the Lord has different plans for me. It seems like everytime I tried to get back into dance when I was younger, something always stopped me. Now that I finally have the chance to do it again, I am starting my major and it leaves absolutely no room for two hours every day for dancing. It is just one more reminder that the Lord has a plan for me and I need to align my goals with his. He wants me to teach and be with little children, and I have to realize that it's not possible for me to do both. I'm sure glad he knows what he's doing, otherwise I would be giving up on teaching and going back to dancing.
As much as I am enjoying school, I was glad for the long holiday weekend. It was our Wood Family Reunion. This year we went to my cousin's cabin out in Salina and went dirt biking, four-wheeling, and went down their zip line. I know I've said it before but I absolutely love the outdoors! I would be so happy going camping for the rest of my life or living in the middle of nothing in a small town. Oh, how happy that would make me.
The reunion was also great because I got to spend time with my cousing, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I love them so much and we always have such fun times together! My aunt found a video of all of us older cousins putting on a concert about 14 years ago for a relief society acitivity, I think. It was so funny to watch. We were all so little and had so much fun doing it.
It was so hard to come back to my life on Monday but I guess that's how life goes. Hopefully I can visit the small town life soon before I go crazy in this city.
4 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment