4 years ago
Monday, September 28, 2009
Mailani
My entire life I have always wanted a horse but knew it was never going to happen. I was the little girl who always asked for a pony for Christmas or my birthday even though I knew chances were one in a million. When my cousin passed away two months ago, I started thinking about my goals in life and where I am opposed to where I want to be. I especially got to thinkin' about how he wanted a riding lawn mower real bad and so he worked hard until he could buy one. I felt like I should follow his example and I began looking into what it would take to buy a horse. While searching around my neighbor told me about a wonderful opportunity. She boards her horses with a really nice guy that can't afford to take care of all his horses anymore. My neighbor is helping pay for the feed and care of one of his horses, but doesn't want to keep it up for too long, so she made me an offer. If I pay for the food and vet bills for this horse, I can ride her when I want and treat her like my own! It's a lot like I'll be leasing this horse. So on Saturday I took her, Mailani, out on a ride up South Fork. It was so wonderful! I can't believe that this is really happening! For once in my life, I am one step closer to having my dreams come true! I also talked to my uncle a while ago about doing an internship down in southern Utah in a small town. If it all works out, I could be living me dream in a small little hickville! I am so excited!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
We are so different! :) I hope you get your dreams and your cowboy!
Post a Comment