This past weekend has been one of the best weekends ever! It started on Friday when I went to the George Strait concert with my dad. I don't think I've ever been more excited for anything in my whole life. Didn't really sleep much Thursday night and Friday was pretty much the longest day of my life. The anticipation almost made me sick. Is it a bad thing to be so excited about a concert?
The anticipation was well worth it. The concert opened up with Julianne Hough. I didn't know this but she is from Salt Lake City and has been on Dancing with the Stars. She sings "Song In My Head." My dad didn't really like her all that much but I think it's because her style is a lot more pop like Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. I really like her, though. She has a really good voice. Next was Blake Shelton. He was hilarious. At one point the speakers weren't working right so he just sat there singing jingles and after a while said, "I probably shouldn't be telling you all this but this day has just kept getting worse. I think I'm just gonna go get drunk after this." Even though most his jokes involved beer I loved his humor, it made you forget about the heat and temperamental speakers. I didn't realize that he sang "Austin." It was one of my favorite songs when I was younger. It was really great to him sing it.
Last, but definitely and most certainly not least, was the King of Country, George Strait! At first I was a little disappointed that he spent the whole time singing and didn't really say much of anything at all. When he finished one song, he went straight into the next. But I guess it meant that he was able to fit in more songs that way and I was definitely okay with that. He sang pretty much every favorite of mine: Amarillo By Morning, The Chair, How 'Bout Them Cowgirls, Heartland, Leave You With a Smile, Write This Down, Check Yes or No, Cheyenne, Troubadour, and many, many more. I remember thinking during the concert that I could die and go to heaven happy. Life just didn't get any better.

My weekend got even better when I had a chance to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house on Saturday. I feel so blessed to have so many beautiful temples all around me. You just can't beat the amazing peace that you feel there. Your every day problems really do just disappear when you go inside.

To finish off an already amazing weekend, my older sister, Stephanie called me yesterday to see if I wanted to go to the Days of '47 rodeo last night. Of course I wanted to! I love rodeos. Garth Brooks describes it well with his song titled "Rodeo." Also, as my little sister pointed out to me last night, unless they have a mustache, pretty much every cowboy is way good looking. Oh, how I wish some cowboy would sweep me off my feet and move to his farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Just kidding, there is more to a rodeo than just the good-looking men: The animals! My favorite event is the bare-back bronc riding. The horses they use are so beautiful and built so well. I have loved watching horses run around and move around since I was little and as I get older my love grows stronger. Okay, that sounds a little cheesy. Sorry. I just really love horses.

The anticipation was well worth it. The concert opened up with Julianne Hough. I didn't know this but she is from Salt Lake City and has been on Dancing with the Stars. She sings "Song In My Head." My dad didn't really like her all that much but I think it's because her style is a lot more pop like Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood. I really like her, though. She has a really good voice. Next was Blake Shelton. He was hilarious. At one point the speakers weren't working right so he just sat there singing jingles and after a while said, "I probably shouldn't be telling you all this but this day has just kept getting worse. I think I'm just gonna go get drunk after this." Even though most his jokes involved beer I loved his humor, it made you forget about the heat and temperamental speakers. I didn't realize that he sang "Austin." It was one of my favorite songs when I was younger. It was really great to him sing it.
Last, but definitely and most certainly not least, was the King of Country, George Strait! At first I was a little disappointed that he spent the whole time singing and didn't really say much of anything at all. When he finished one song, he went straight into the next. But I guess it meant that he was able to fit in more songs that way and I was definitely okay with that. He sang pretty much every favorite of mine: Amarillo By Morning, The Chair, How 'Bout Them Cowgirls, Heartland, Leave You With a Smile, Write This Down, Check Yes or No, Cheyenne, Troubadour, and many, many more. I remember thinking during the concert that I could die and go to heaven happy. Life just didn't get any better.

My weekend got even better when I had a chance to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house on Saturday. I feel so blessed to have so many beautiful temples all around me. You just can't beat the amazing peace that you feel there. Your every day problems really do just disappear when you go inside.

To finish off an already amazing weekend, my older sister, Stephanie called me yesterday to see if I wanted to go to the Days of '47 rodeo last night. Of course I wanted to! I love rodeos. Garth Brooks describes it well with his song titled "Rodeo." Also, as my little sister pointed out to me last night, unless they have a mustache, pretty much every cowboy is way good looking. Oh, how I wish some cowboy would sweep me off my feet and move to his farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Just kidding, there is more to a rodeo than just the good-looking men: The animals! My favorite event is the bare-back bronc riding. The horses they use are so beautiful and built so well. I have loved watching horses run around and move around since I was little and as I get older my love grows stronger. Okay, that sounds a little cheesy. Sorry. I just really love horses.






1 comment:
Where did you find the pictures of the rodeo? Yes I used to be in love with cowboys too, until I married a non cowboy. You forgot to mention the great free bread!
Post a Comment