Friday, June 12, 2009

I Love Coupons!!!

About a month ago, we had a training with a lady that came in and talked to us about using coupons in our grocery shopping. She talked about being able to get some stuff for free and paying very little for a lot. Some people are sceptical about this and I was at first but now I know it works because my mom does it (she gets 5 sunday papers for 5x the coupons) I just didn't think that it would be very helpful for me as a college student. After this lady came, I decided to try it anyways. I have started getting 3 copies of the Sunday paper and I use this website to find the best deals and find out which coupons can be used. I soon realized that you don't have to be feeding an entire family to get great deals.

Last night I went shopping at Albertson's with my mom and I made a some amazing deals. I only spent about $22 for about $60 worth of food. I bought numerous amounts of...
General Mills cereal boxes for $0.87
6 ct. Chex Mix Bars for $1.20
6 ct. Fiber One Bars for $1.35
Bisquick mix for $0.90
1.5 quarts of Ice Cream for $0.80
Organic Yogurt for FREE
Pillsbury Toaster Strudels for $1.50
Some of these weren't amazing sales (like the toaster strudels) but others were a lot better like the ice cream and the yogurt. I've also had some other amazing bargains in the past such as getting paid $0.50 to buy ten bottles of barbeque sauce (I gave most of them to my mom) and 10 cups of Easy Mac for $0.25 each.

I always hated going grocery shopping because when I got home I would look at all the food I bought and ask myself "I spent all this money for just this?" But after shopping with coupons I come home cheerful and pleased with myself thinking "I can't believe I bought all this for only this much!" So what is the moral of this long story, you ask? Don't every buy anything without using a coupon! It's not worth it. You could be paying a lot less if you just pulled out that coupon!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It is so addicting isn't it! Did you see the double Albertson's coupon yesterday?

Background