So I want to share some amazing thoughts that I had last night. I think I finally understood for the first time yesterday what people mean by the fact that we are so lucky to have so many temples so near to us. I always knew that it was a blessing to be able to go as often as I do because the temples are all so close here in Utah County, but yesterday I finally understood just how lucky I really am. I went to the Provo temple last night since it is open later on Thursdays. When I went in I only ended up doing confirmations cuz I needed to be somewhere soon after and wouldn't be on time if I did baptisms. I spent a total of 45 min. driving to, going in, and driving back from the temple. I was able to enjoy the peace and calming effect that comes from the temple and the spirit that it brings into my life and it only took me 45 min. Now, I know this sounds like I'm trying to spend as short amount of timeas possible at the temple, but I'm not. I just realized last night how conveniant it is that I can go and do something that takes some people days to do maybe even weeks. When I went to visit my grandparents for the weekend I met some ladies that work at the temple twice a week at the Manti temple. It's the closest temple they have. It ends up being an all day event cuz they spend three hours of each of those days just driving. I am so blessed to be able to just go to the temple when I have some extra time. Even just to go and sit instead of going inside. It takes no time at all and it is the best way to add a boost to my day.Last of all, I want to post a tribute to my Dad (since Father's day is comin up) I found this video on the church's website. It reminded me of my dad. Although my family situation is not the same as the one in this video, the dedication and sacrfice of the father reminds me of my own dad. Here is an example of just how dedicated my dad is: Earlier this week, I was getting off work at 11:30 at night and discovered that my car battery had died. Being the girl that I am, I didn't know what to doexcept for call my dad. So I called him. And even thought it was late at night, he answered. I explained that I needed to move it before morning because I was parked in an 'A' lot at BYU and would get a ticket for being parked there the next morning. So he got up early the next morning to meet me in Provo so that he could help me start my car up. We couldn't get it to start even with jumper cables. So he took my battery out and took me to an Auto Zone to get a new battery. (This is where we found out that the battery wasn't useless, there was just too much acid so the circuit couldn't flow) So he bought new caps for my battery and spent another half hour installing those and cleaning off my battery. He did this all without a single complaint. And this is definitely not the first time he has come to my rescue. Things like this happen all the time where I don't know what to do so I call my Dad and he helps me through whatever it is that I can't figure out. He always does it so cheerfully too. He is always willing to give up time if I ask him to take some friends and me boating or dirt biking. He is an amazing example of always putting people first. He shares his testimony with my family all the time and tells us whenever he learns something new about the gospel. He has taught me obedience and not just through his super strict rules but through his example of unquestioned diligence to obey any commandments or counsil he is given. So here's to you dad, the best father a girl could ask for!




No comments:
Post a Comment