Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Trip Down South






This weekend for Memorial Day my family all headed down to the small town of Holden to visit my grandparents. Kudos to my mom who made it down for the first time in about 7 years. Way to go Mom! You can do anything!

Most of the weekend was spent dirt biking. I took my little sister Andrea on a couple rides on the trails and roads just outside of town. (This is our serious look and it didn't turn out so well)

When we got back we decided to take more pictures together. This one is definitely my favorite of Andrea.

I completed my first puzzle that was over 500 pieces. Okay, so Andrea and my grandma helped me but still over 500 pieces. In my book this is a huge accomplishment cuz I never have the patience handle anything like that.

Here are my granparents at Holden's annual Memorial Day Lunch. They are pretty much the coolest people I have ever known.

After the lunch, my brother-in-law put together a family game of softball. What a great way to get out family frustrations. We got everyone involved. I think it was the first time I have ever seen both my parents play softball. They were pretty good. Speaking of pretty good, I happened to hit a home-runner and a couple more far hits that I didn't think I was capable of. A thank you goes out to Corry for not having faith in me which caused me to play harder to prove him wrong. Thanks Corry :)
This weekend also gave me the chance to go visit an old family farm. This barn was part of the 1 square mile farm that was given to my something great-grandfather by Brigham Young after he crossed the plains from Nauvoo. I think this barn and cabin were built in the early 1900's though. This is the kind of family history that I like to do. Go the places that my ancestors went and walk where they walked. I can't do all that sit at a computer and search for names and info stuff. It just doesn't fascinate my enough. I know, being where they have been doesn't help get them through the temple but at least I'm taking some interest in geneology, right?

No comments:

Background